Thursday - 7th Review for chapter 7 exam
Friday - 8th Chapter 7 exam
Monday (11th) and Tuesday (12th)
Lesson 8.1 Functions and Control of the Endocrine System
- Explain how the endocrine and nervous systems work together to regulate bodily functions.
- Describe the basic anatomy of the endocrine system.
- Describe the functions of hormones, and explain how hormones move through the body.
- Identify the two classifications of hormones.
- Explain how hormones help maintain homeostasis.
Wednesday through Friday (13th-15th)
Lesson 8.2 Major Endocrine Organs
- Identify the organs and glands of the endocrine system.
- Identify the six hormones of the anterior pituitary.
- Describe the location and function of the thyroid, parathyroid, thymus, pineal, and adrenal glands. Identify the hormones produced by each of these glands.
- Explain the endocrine and exocrine functions of the pancreas.
- Identify the sex hormones produced by the gonads.
DEC. 18-19 Semester Exams
Students taking semester exams (see handbook for explanation) Will need to be here on Tuesday the 19th for EXAM in Anatomy and Physiology.
January 3rd - 5th - (Review Sections 8.1 and 8.2 on 3rd)
Lesson 8.3 Endocrine Disorders and Diseases
- Describe the following disorders of the pituitary gland: acromegaly, dwarfism, and diabetes insipidus.
- Discuss the difference between hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism. Name the disorders associated with each.
- Identify disorders and diseases of the parathyroid and adrenal glands.
- Identify the cause, symptoms, and treatment plan for someone with Cushing syndrome.
- Explain the difference between type I and type II diabetes mellitus.